Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I am, by my own admission, a hopeless romantic...

Written by my High School friend Nerissa... I just want to share this simple but meaningful words of my friend about love..


IN LOVE WITH LOVE

I am, by my own admission, a hopeless romantic.
If such a thing is possible, I am in love with being in
love.

There's nothing else quite like it, and if you've
experianced it, you know what i mean. Being in
love is a patchwork of a thousand indescribable
moments. Nervous energy runs through your body
whenever you think of that special person, which is
every waking minute. You lose interest in the dull
chores of eating, sleeping, and thinking rationally.
You discover that every love song on the radio was
written for you. It seems that someone has
removed blinders from your eyes and you can see
the world full of wonder, mystery and happiness.

I love love. But i've come to realize that i really don't
know much about it. Oh, i can tell you all about the
warm, fuzzy side of love. I can throw myself into
romance with all the passion of romeo, but in God's
school of true love, i'm afraid i'm still in
kindergarten.

To me and to other romantics who share a "love for
love," God wants to give us a higher grander view.
He wants to deepen our understanding. Romance
can thrill us to our core, but it's only a small part of
true love. We've been playing in the sandbox;
God's wants to take us to the beach.

thanks for reading...!

No comments: